I'm a servant leader. I've helped teams see the value in Agile and Scrum, adapt at a sustainable pace, and reap the benefits of small commitments, constant planning and refinement. Lifting the team up is my number-one goal.
Leveraging my project management interest and skills, I've led Scrum teams to success with my thirst for understanding and knowledge sharing. I've prioritized shared backlogs of tens of products and driven Agile adoption in the organization.
Experienced in PHP and C#, I've written everything from the smallest script to a multi-area, department-running web application. I have an affinity for clean and consistent UI and attention to detail in finishing and shipping products.
I am the Scrum Master for our custom application development department, in addition to playing the role of Product Owner for a handful of legacy applications.
- Championed team-wide transition from small Scrum teams to larger, more capable teams
- Facilitated the creation of release plans for Scrum Product Owners
- Drove adoption of cross-team standards for UI/UX, documentation, and communication
- Worked with Product Owners and leadership to develop an application retirement process
- Led workshops on Scrum topics including effort estimation and Definition of Done
- Participated in business-wide Hack Days, creating business value and estimation tools
- Utilized Azure DevOps for boards, burndowns, and build/release pipelines
August 2017–August 2018
I was the Product Owner for a small Scrum team (and a large portfolio), in addition to playing the role of Scrum Master for the team. I assisted in the role of Web Developer for small items, SQL research, and report creation.
- Oversaw portfolio of 40+ custom software products and applications
- Developed product visions and a rationality index for all applications
- Successfully managed the on-boarding and upgrade of an entire college's applications
- Served and assisted Scrum Development Team as part-time Scrum Master
- Drove Agile adoption through Scrum practices, rituals, and consistency
- Improved team cohesion through retreats, off-campus meetings, and levity
- Proactively championed UI/UX standards for all applications
- Leveraged Visual Studio Team Services for backlogs and tooling
March 2013–August 2017
I was promoted to the role of manager in our growing application development department. I also continued to develop web applications and assist with web design tasks.
- Managed a diverse team of programmers and coordinated all projects, tasks, and deliverables
- Developed 30+ web applications for both internal and external use, primarily in C# MVC
- Worked with the Project Management team to develop procedures, workflows, and a ranking rubric
- Prepared and delivered presentations to clients, internal teams, and VPs
- Proactively developed team standards, policies, and procedures
- Primarily worked in Visual Studio, Git, IIS, SQL, and SharePoint
December 2008–March 2013
I created and maintained custom web applications in PHP and .NET (C#) for a college IT department. I took the division from having low/no standards and spaghetti strategy to having a single, shared UI and common content and coding standards.
- Managed collection of 100+ sites for various departments and teams in IIS
- Coordinated division webmasters by creating a shared framework
- Designed and developed responsive division-wide web and SharePoint templates
- Frequently met clients to turn concepts into business solutions
- Primarily worked in Visual Studio, IIS, SQL, and the Adobe Creative Suite