I'm a servant leader. I've helped teams see the value in Agile and Scrum, adapt at a sustainable pace, and reap the benefits of small commitments, constant planning and refinement. Lifting the team up is my number-one goal.
Leveraging my project management interest and skills, I've led Agile teams to success with my thirst for understanding and knowledge sharing. I've prioritized shared backlogs of tens of products and driven Agile adoption in the organization.
Experienced in PHP and C#, I've written everything from the smallest script to a multi-area, department-running web application. I have an affinity for clean and consistent UI and attention to detail in finishing and shipping products.
I am the Product Owner for a small Agile team (and a large portfolio), in addition to playing the role of Scrum Master for the team. I assist in the role of Developer for small features, UI enhancements, SQL queries and research, and report creation.
- Oversaw portfolio of 40+ custom software products and applications
- Developed product visions and a rationality index for all applications
- Successfully managed the on-boarding and upgrade of an entire college's applications
- Served and assisted Scrum Development Team as part-time Scrum Master
- Drove Agile adoption through Scrum practices, rituals, and consistency
- Improved team cohesion through retreats, off-campus meetings, and levity
- Worked with Product Owners and leadership to develop an application retirement process
- Led workshops on Scrum topics including effort estimation and Definition of Done
- Proactively championed UI/UX standards for all applications
- Utilized Azure DevOps for boards, burndowns, and build/release pipelines
March 2013–August 2017
I was promoted to the role of manager in our growing application development department. I also continued to develop web applications and assist with web design tasks.
- Managed a diverse team of programmers and coordinated all projects, tasks, and deliverables
- Developed 30+ web applications for both internal and external use, primarily in C# MVC
- Worked with the Project Management team to develop procedures, workflows, and a ranking rubric
- Prepared and delivered presentations to clients, internal teams, and VPs
- Proactively developed team standards, policies, and procedures
- Primarily worked in Visual Studio, Git, IIS, SQL, and SharePoint
December 2008–March 2013
I created and maintained custom web applications in PHP and .NET (C#) for a college IT department. I took the division from having low/no standards and spaghetti strategy to having a single, shared UI and common content and coding standards.
- Managed collection of 100+ sites for various departments and teams in IIS
- Coordinated division webmasters by creating a shared framework
- Designed and developed responsive division-wide web and SharePoint templates
- Frequently met clients to turn concepts into business solutions
- Primarily worked in Visual Studio, IIS, SQL, and the Adobe Creative Suite
Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute
University of Central Florida
August 2005–May 2008